Part-Time Casual Event Rigger- Audio Visual, Grand WaileaJob ID PARTT009549 Date posted 10/25/2021 Location Wailea, United States
Responsible for performing rigging activities in a Hospitality or convention center environment while upholding safety and quality standards per all trade, Encore/property guidelines and SOP’s. Reports to Lead Rigger or Rigging Coordinator.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Gather and organize all rigging tools and equipment per event needs.
• Confirm carpet protected as required by local conditions.
• Provide ground rigging support to teams building points from lifts by staging motors and equipment under rig points, handing up motor chain, tools and equipment and spotting lift movements.
• Establish hang-point, connect hoist and attachments to permanent rigging points, connect GAC Flex spanset attachments to truss, connect/run and dress motor cables, run cable picks, ensure safety of scenic elements to hang-points and proper use of all truss protection equipment, inspect all cabling tie-offs.
• Check that all truss bolts are tight and pieces of flown equipment are safe-tied to truss.
• Support other trades needing help raising gear through use of motor or lift, and check work for safety.
• Remain on site until all motors have been raised to trim.
• Responsible for observing and maintaining all safety concerns during an event, including escalation of any observations of personnel who are acting in an unsafe manner.
• Ensure the power phasing of motor controller is appropriate to prevent limit switches from being defeated.
• Verify all elements are securely fastened and checked for safety.
• Must secure and maintain proper lift and/or Working At Height certifications as necessary.
• Follow all manufactures recommendations and local conditions when using personnel lifts.
• Riggers must be qualified prior to making any temporary rigging points or any points outside of a protected lift of any kind.
• Secure and review advanced rigging plan and execute through Rigging Coordinator/Lead Rigger or other leadership supervision.
• Identify possible rigging obstacles and recommend solutions to resolve issues.
• Assist other technical trades with coordination efforts to execute show plot in harmony with all floor activity.
• Provide ongoing visual inspection of all hardware in use including truss, motors, lighting, sound, projection, and personnel lifts.
• Escalate any problems with hardware and recommend solutions to resolve issues to supervisor.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 500+ hours of onsite rigging experience
• Qualified-Basic Rigging certification
• Lift Certification
• Lift operation experience
• Ground Rigging experience
• High rigging without harness experience
• Previous experience supervising a rigging team preferred
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders for long periods of time. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
- Senior Engineer - Audio Ops - Technical Services Dubai, United Arab Emirates 02/22/2022
- Event Technical Lead, Audio Visual - Hyatt Regency San Francisco Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual California, United States 07/01/2022
- Technician - Lighting Ops - Technical Services Dubai, United Arab Emirates 06/30/2022
- Equipment Manager Ops - Technical Services Dubai, United Arab Emirates 06/30/2022