Labour CoordinatorJob ID LABOU016318 Date posted 08/13/2022 Location Leicester, United Kingdom
The Labour Coordinator is responsible for managing the utilisation of internal and external sources of labour to support the ongoing requirements of our venues and business operations whilst ensuring the utmost in customer satisfaction. The Labour Coordinator will act as a centralised resource to ensure resource allocation and sharing between divisions, labour cost reduction, technical skill identification, scheduling, and timekeeping.
The Labour Coordinator reports to the Manager of Labour & Technology and the Warehouse Manager.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Embrace and foster the company’s Core Values.
- Drive integration with the teams across all brands and regions.
- Value People by promoting a culture of high performance, accountability, and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Do the Right Thing by ensuring best practices and policies are being followed.
- Assist the Manager of Labour and Technology in establishing the employee skill level development needs and employee count per location.
Systems, Equipment and Labour
- Implement strategies developed by the Company that improve labour utilisation and increase overall capacity.
- Drive Results by ensuring the most efficient utilisation of internal labour resources, with a focus on decreasing the costs of employing external labour.
- Gather and report labour shortage data, review details of associated events and source the necessary labour to fulfil those needs.
- Implement the company developed guidelines and procedures for direct reports that support overall financial objectives.
- Coordinate central personnel to ensure labour sharing between divisions including: technical skill identification, scheduling, and timekeeping.
- Recommend central personnel employment in accordance with business needs.
- Review and obtain knowledge of the financial details and equipment of the region to support decisions that are in the best interest of the business.
- Ensure that the most cost-effective solution is provided based on labour costs and time frame for each event.
- Assist in developing strategies and processes to better utilise existing work force to reduce overall labour costs.
Customer Service & Reporting
- Deliver World Class Service by developing a strong rapport with all stakeholders with the goal of providing excellent support for all internal and external Encore events.
- Initial and ongoing communication with freelance contractors and agencies to ensure that the correct level of business-critical documents, information and legal compliance processes are maintained to the highest level.
- Communication with venue managers and division management to determine the best allocation of labour for a given event based on the size of the event and needs of the requesting location.
- Provide regular reports to the Manager of Labour and Technology, Warehouse Manager and Operations Team to ensure labour targets are maintained and assist in developing long term strategies for maximising labour usage of Encore employees to reduce overall labour costs.
- See the Big Picture by hosting frequent calls and in-person meetings with venue and project leadership teams to discuss ongoing challenges and incorporate recommendations into existing processes to improve overall customer service.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and may change, or additional tasks within scope of work may be assigned at any time with or without notice, as necessitated by business demands.
- 2+ years of labour coordination / management or customer service experience, within the audio-visual or related service industry preferred.
- Strong competency in the utilisation of IT systems.
- Excellent ability with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, high-volume environment while being able to think creatively and effectively solve problems.
- Total commitment to service excellence.
- Communicates & Collaborates Effectively
- Analytical Thinking
- Seeing the big picture
- Driving Results
- Doing the right thing
- Valuing People
Work is generally performed at an office that is moderately quiet. Team members will occasionally visit other work locations for meetings or for other business reasons. Working times will include days and may include evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore.
- French Speaking Customer Support Specialist Sales - General England, United Kingdom 09/26/2022
- Projektleiter / Technical Events Manager (m/w/d) im Bereich Veranstaltungstechnik Ops - General, Technical Events Manager Canton of Zurich, Switzerland 09/26/2022
- Auszubildenden (m/w/d) zur Fachkraft für Veranstaltungstechnik Ops - Technical Services Hesse, Germany 09/26/2022
- Initiativbewerbung Ops - Technical Services Hesse, Germany 09/26/2022