Sound Technician – Level 3Job ID SOUND08294 Date posted 06/23/2021 Location London, United Kingdom
Sound Technician (Level 3) - Encore - London / Uxbridge
Scope of the role
To maintain, prepare, install, operate & de-rig production equipment and undertake associated tasks, including specification and preparation of equipment, supervision of staff on site and acting as client/venue liaison where required.
Level 3 Project Technicians are responsible for safely and efficiently delivering the production requirements of a wide range of events, including some aspects of the planning and preparation of events as directed. Working on their own, as part of a team, and/or leading and supervising others to ensure plans and verbal instructions are followed and that the ‘job’ is delivered safely, correctly and on time, getting it Right First Time.
- To be able to understand and interpret technical plans and direction by senior member of the team and carry out those tasks to the expected level
- To rig, set up, focus and de-rig sound and related equipment to the expected standard and within the expected time frame
- To be able to work under pressure to a given timeline/build schedule
- Demonstrate competent rigging without supervision or guidance
- Fault find and fix
- To program/operate consoles
- To act as a "responsible person" on site when required
- To liaise with clients and venue staff as required to fulfil the delivery of an event
- To be responsible for rigs and de-rigs where requested by the PM and where appropriate
- To lead and manage a department or team on site
- To supervise other technicians, freelancers and local crew on site
- To support, train and nurture other Technicians
- To specify equipment on small to medium jobs as directed
- To book equipment from given plan/spec using Insphire
- To specify pre event prep work and to supervise it, ensuring it is completed accurately.
- To undertake warehouse preparation of equipment for an event - e.g. pre addressing, making looms etc.
- To work in the warehouse as required and as directed by warehouse manager/team leader to pick, re-shelve and undertake basic repairs and servicing of equipment
- To undertake delivery and collections in company vehicles.
- To learn and harness information from your peers and colleagues to improve your techniques, skills and development
- to work in compliance with Health and safety policy and all company procedures at all times
- to represent the company in a positive manner at all times
- To fulfill other reasonable duties as required by line manager or as requested by a senior person when on site
Physical & Social Conditions
- Non Standard working hours, including evenings and weekends
- Working away from home, nationally and internationally
- Working to strict timelines in often high pressured and stressful environments
- Working at height